Old 21-10-2003, 02:02 PM

Default Ducks?

On 20 Oct 2003 16:44:08 -0700, (Mark)
wrote:

I'm thinking of getting half a dozen ducks.

#1 -- It would be cool (to a geek like me)

#2 -- I'm imagining that they'll help keep the bug and slug population
down in my yard/garden.

Has anyone here done this? Do they eat seedlings and other stuff
you'd rather keep in the garden? Is this, for some reason, a
phenomenally bad idea?

I haven't done it myself.

Eliot Coleman, in his book 'The Four Season Harvest'
mentions their ducks - they use them similarly.

My guess would be that you'd need to keep them away from
seedlings because even if they didn't eat the seedlings,
they'd probable trample them to death. Being walked on
doesn't help seedlings....

Pat
--
To email me, remove the spam trap and type my first
name in its place.

CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States:
http://www.stopthehunger.com/