Old 21-10-2003, 03:32 PM

Default any receipe's for 3 pounds of figs I've placed in the fridge to keep?

I am just soooo jealous. I just moved my remaining fig tree into a big tub this
spring. It is growing well but didnt produce anything but itsy bitsy fruit. I may
have to build a big box on wheels and put that outside my garage, then wheel it into
the heated garage for winter. carrying the bucket back and forth thru doorways is
just not working well. Ingrid

"Tom J" wrote:

wrote in message
What kind of fig trees are these? I cant imagine having too many figs I

love them
soooo much. They are impossible to find around here unless they cost 2 or

more bucks
a piece. How cold does it get where you are? Ingrid

I live just north of Atlanta, GA. The Brown Turkey fig "tree" (it's not a bush
anymore) I get my figs from, produces more than 500 pounds of figs each year.
The tree belongs to a close friend & they give the figs to friends that will
come pick them, and then let the birds and bees have the rest. I have picked
as many as 8 gallons in one day from that tree!! This year I only picked 4
gallons at the time - easier to work with at the stove. The tree usually makes
figs for around 45 days if they are picked closely as they ripen.

Tom J

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com