Old 21-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Salty Thumb

Default garlic

"joe s" wrote in
:

ok, i would like to plant some garlic (with the rest of my garden
[tomatoes, carrots, onions, lettuce, mics. herbs, bush beans,
brocolli, cauliflower, cukes, radishes, cabbage, mustard greens and
corn]i live in Florida, land of the year round garden) and i haven't a
clue on how to start

i do have a bulb i picked up from the grocery..can i just nab a clove
off and get it in some water?

what is the official process for growing garlic?

supposedly some grocery store garlic is treated with a 'sprouting'
inhibitor, but if yours has a green growth, then you should be good to
go. I just put some nice non-dried out cloves in some dirt and they grew
fine. I also haven't harvested it, it's just hanging out with my
tomatoes. (SE Virginia).

I don't know what a 'toe' is.

- S