Old 21-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Advert

"K" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
:
: "Jane Ransom" wrote in message
: ...
: In article , Martin Sykes
: writes
: Off topic, but does it really take longer to download longer posts?
:
: It's not just the download time, it is the clogging up of the internet
: problem. You think of the number of people receiving the posts and
: multiply that by the length of the post and then consider that it has

: zoom around the bowels of the internet. The shorter we keep our posts,
: the fewer we keep them, the more efficient the internet is!!! And that
: is why I hate useless, unwanted spam and adverts and binaries as well.
:
: The problem which worries you about long posts to urg is utterly
negligible
: in comparison with the amount of spam which is circulating, and the

amount
: of clogging caused by, for instance, the Swen virus. I get more than
twice
: the number of attacks daily from that pest than the total number of

emails
: and newsgroup notes per day.
:
: Franz
:
I have up-to-date on line virus checker and have had no problems with swen
virus. You should try it.

So do I. Norton. Updates itself very frequently. Finds all the Swen
infections but takes a hell of a lot of time to do it. So much that I
initially look at my mail with either Web2mail or Mailwasher. This allows
me to trap the bad stuff quicker by experience and sight before downloading.
It still consumes time.

Perhaps your quantity of virus attacks/spam is proportionate to the amount
of postings you make to this, and presumably other, groups.

You are not doing so badly yourself.
This is the only group in which I am at present participating.
If you feel that I write too much, please feel free to put my name in your
kill file.

Franz