Old 21-10-2003, 09:22 PM

Default Advert

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
:
: "K" wrote in message
: ...
:
: "Franz Heymann" wrote in message
: ...
: :
:
: : The problem which worries you about long posts to urg is utterly
: negligible
: : in comparison with the amount of spam which is circulating, and the
: amount
: : of clogging caused by, for instance, the Swen virus. I get more than
: twice
: : the number of attacks daily from that pest than the total number of
: emails
: : and newsgroup notes per day.
: :
: : Franz
: :
: I have up-to-date on line virus checker and have had no problems with
swen
: virus. You should try it.
:
: So do I. Norton. Updates itself very frequently. Finds all the Swen
: infections but takes a hell of a lot of time to do it. So much that I
: initially look at my mail with either Web2mail or Mailwasher. This allows
: me to trap the bad stuff quicker by experience and sight before
downloading.
: It still consumes time.
:
: Perhaps your quantity of virus attacks/spam is proportionate to the
amount
: of postings you make to this, and presumably other, groups.
:
:
: You are not doing so badly yourself.
: This is the only group in which I am at present participating.
: If you feel that I write too much, please feel free to put my name in your
: kill file.
:
: Franz
:
Tut, tut, Franz, don't get paranoid, I was merely making an observation.
Far be it from me to suggest that you are writing 'too' much.