Old 21-10-2003, 09:42 PM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] Fall Candle Pruning

In a message dated 10/21/2003 3:39:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, writes:

My problem is this: all my references say to do this decandling in October,
and only to remove those candles longer than 1". It all sounds so simple,
but my pines' candles are still growing, and have been since coming out of
summer dormancy. So... do I start decandling now and continue decandling as
each grows to 1"? Or do I wait until all growth stops and
then decandle
them all at once?

Or, am I misunderstanding what I'm supposed to be doing?

Tim:

I would not recommend that you follow your "references." If the techniques for balancing the distribution of energy were this simple, everyone would have phenomenal pines. );-)

Rather than attempting to provide you with a synopic view of the process, I will post detailed information on the care for your detailed use.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
http://members.aol.com/iasnob/index.html

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++