Old 21-10-2003, 10:02 PM
zhanataya

Default Help with spiders, please!

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:12:22 -0500, "B & J"
bjskeff@removecox-internetcom wrote:

"zhanataya" wrote in message
.. .

I suppose learning to appreciate their place in the grand scheme of
chaos is out of the question,?

zhan

I do appreciate spiders in the grand scheme of chaos, Zhan, and I enjoy the
orb spiders on my Carolina jasmine, roses, and azaleas. The only ones I've
stomped are the black widows that insist on making their homes next to the
spigots and garden hose caddies. It's also great to see all the spiders'
webs sparkling with dew in the grass in the morning, but it's a pain to
catch and haul outside all those little spiders that gain access to the
house where they spin their webs in corners and nooks and crannies around
the house and drive Barb crazy. How do they gain access when we have screens
on all the windows and the doors are never left open? Are they able to
invade when they are small enough to come through the screens? Inquiring
minds want to know! G

John

They probably hitched a ride in on your clothes or groceries. But I
wouldn't tell Barb that. ;-) Spiders are my favorite in the insect
world. They do bother me though when the babies are balloning around
and I get a face full of silk.

zhan