Old 21-10-2003, 10:02 PM
George

Default Acorn in water

Iris,
I agree, many inventions and discoveries are made by "amateurs".
Yes I attended a high school biology class but did not make the best
use of it.
I've spent most of my career in computer stuff, but learning recently
of the DNA/protein world has certainly peeked my interest in the
invisible living things. There's so much to learn; people on these
news groups should not hesitate to ask questions.
Thanks,
George

(Iris Cohen) wrote in message ...
James Watt became curious when he watched the lid bobbing up and down on his
mother's teakettle, and you know what that led to. Somebody becomes curious
when he sees an acorn get moldy in a cup of water. You never know what will
spark learning.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."