Old 21-10-2003, 11:03 PM
Janice

Default leylandii hedges for 'the chop'

"Michael Berridge" wrote in message
The government are to add what was the high hedges bill to the current
antisocial behaviour bill going through Parliament. The bill will, in
effect, allow local councils to intervene in disputes over hedge
heights, and they will be allowed, if the case is proven, to cut them
down to a height of 2m.

But if I were to plant trees along the full length of my 6 foot high hedge,
would those trees then have to be cut down to the regulation height? My
neighbour wants me to cut down my conifer hedge (8 feet high) but he has
several trees on his side, and his trees are much higher than 8 feet.