Old 02-02-2003, 06:21 AM
FOW

Default Fragrant, Yellow rose recommendation

I like mine too ! Glad to know it does as well in Aus. as it does in North
of San Francisco ! My first rose too !, Butr I only have
one.............Waiting for the real Blue Roses as my last rose.
Maybe we'll see em next year.
"Kirra" wrote in message

"Radika Kesavan" wrote in message
Debabrata Ghosh wrote:
Hi,
Any recommendation for a deep/bright yellow (not pale yellow) rose
that is fragrant too. I have shortlisted Sunsprite and Midas Touch,
but, none seems to be very fragrant (I thought Sunsprite was, but,
Edmund's catalog calls its fragrance to be slight). I have Oregold
which has nice color but no fragrance at all.

Thanks,
Debu.
Portland, OR, Z6.

Sunsprite *is* fragrant, and this rose even wins at times in the
Fragrance class in Rose shows according to reliable Rosarians in
Northern California. It appears as if Edmund's may have inherites a
clone that is not and that is what they are offering .

I agree with Radika that Sunsprite is fragrant. It was the first rose I
bought before I knew anything about roses and I bought it because of the
fragrance. You know, the rose that smells so nice that you just have to

keep
putting it up to your nose so that you can smell it yet again

An added bonus is that I find my two, I like it so much I bought another,

do
not get any black spot despite living in a humid climate, overhead

watering
three times a week and living next to Double Delight who does get black
spot.

Kirra
Brisbane, Australia
Z10