Old 22-10-2003, 01:02 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default How To Stop Clogging Pond Pump

We have our pump in a 5 gal bucket with 1/2" holes (the size material the
pump can pull through) all around it. It has about as many holes as I
thought I could reasonable put in it. No clogs, no flow problems in 5
years. The bucket is on bricks to keep it off the bottom.

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley
"Chester Deja" wrote in message
om...
I have a 5000 gph pump on my pond that feeds my waterfall. At the
height of summer when all the algae blooms the pump gets clogged. I
do not want to burn the pump up so I am looking for some ideas for a
pre-filter or something that will keep the majority of debris away
from the pump itself. I have considered a container but with such a
large pump I do not want to restrict the water flow either - I could
easily burn it up that way too. Any ideas appreciated.

Rick