Old 22-10-2003, 08:42 AM
The Hoopeses

Default Growing coriander

Jaques d'Altrades wrote:
The message m
from (M. Tiefert) contains these words:

If it's the same thing that's called coriander in the US, it's a
biennial, like parsley. So it would be best to let it go to seed, if you
can get it to do so. Meanwhile harvest some leaves as long as they're
tender, but then stop when they get tougher.

Buy a small bag of coriander seeds and in the early spring sow them
somewhere in the sun. They thrive.

Someone once warned me to pinch off any buds on stems I wanted to use
for their leaves. I was told the process of fruit production made the
leaves somewhat bitter. There was a very slight difference in the taste
of those leaves from stems with no buds and those without. Those stems
with fully-formed seed had rather bitter leaves, so I just used them for
seed to propagate more plants.