Old 22-10-2003, 01:22 PM
jabee

Default Should I fertilize St Aug grass now?

"cledus" wrote in message ...
Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try.

THE WEED & FEED MYTH

The only way a weed killer works is as a PRE-emergent so it must be
applied before the broadleaf weeds come up. In Austin that would be
February. The only way a fertilizer will work on St. Augustine is
when it starts to grow. Around here that is in April. This weed and
feed thing is a ripoff. If it seems too good to be true...

I agree that organic matter is the best way to have a great healthy
lawn. A 1/4 inch if good compost applied Spring and Fall will create
a lush lawn. As the grass gets thicker it will crowd out the weeds.