Old 23-10-2003, 01:02 AM
john agner

Default need lawn that only needs cutting every three weeks or longer

I have a beach house in a town that's very picky about the height of the
grass. My grass and weeds grow very fast. I'd like a grass that will grow
in NJ at the beach , in a sandy soil, that will not grow to a height of 6
inches within a three week period. I thought initially that a zoysia ,
which i thought grows sideways or as a broadleaf, would fit the bill, but
then i read that it likes to be cut often, probably weekly. Any suggestions
on a grass to fill these ideal expectations. Email replies, please to
and thanks.