Old 23-10-2003, 03:02 AM
Wendy

Default Gutter Guard for Mounts?

Hi there Pam, UC Irvine is about a mile south east of John Wayne Airport.
This show is really small & on the opposite end of the totem pole if
comparing to the Otani show in LA.
The vendors cater mainly to the beginners but the reason I like it is
because it's just up
the freeway from me.
Cheers Wendy
"profpam" wrote in message ...
Larry,

For some reason the link did not come across. Could you more or less
describe the proximity of the orchid show?

. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html
--------------------
Larry Dighera wrote:

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:29:39 -0400, "Ray"
wrote in Message-Id:
:

I have made "hydrologs" by surrounding florist foam with sphagnum,

followed
by coconut husk fiber, followed by the grid, so I don't see why it

wouldn't
work for a totem. I still think that a treefern totem would look

better.

I've seen vanilla growing in a relatively small 8" pot at the base of
a 4" diameter vertical pole (supporting the ridge of a greenhouse)
climb the pole and along the roof structure for many tens of feet. No
"hydrolog" seems to be necessary for vary large vanilla specimens;
apparently any support will do fine.

If you're interested in seeing this vanilla plant, Wendy, you might
consider attending the November 4 & 5 Fall Orchid Festival (10 a.m. -
3 p.m. Admission $2.00) held at the UCI Arboretum. There are usually
many orchid vendors outdoors offering a diversity of lovely specimens.
The Arboretum is located approximately one mile south of the 405
freeway, very close to the corner of Jamboree Road and Campus Drive.

Map: http://tinylink.com/?Vmha54ZlE6 or http://shorterlink.com/?4HEP90