Old 23-10-2003, 03:04 AM
gibikote

Default which passion flower is this...?

Thanks for the very informative post!
regards,
Sridhar

In article ,
[Peter Jason] wrote...

It's a member of the same genus [Passiflora], but isn't one of
the passionfruits usually eaten by humans.

We had acres of this stuff growing on our back fence.
Does it have large purple fruit?

Not this one.

Yes, it's clearly _Passiflora foetida_ . The bracts dissected
into narrow sticky-glandular segments are characteristic of this
species.

Besides the widespread & weedy P. foetida, its group [subgenus
Dysosmia] also contains a few other closely related forms that
have been named as separate species, but I doubt these others are
introduced into India [they're tropical American, as was P. foetida
originally].

http://www.hear.org/pier/passiflora_foetida.htm snip