Old 23-10-2003, 12:22 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Getting rid of ground elder

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Franz Heymann
writes

"Kay Easton" wrote in message

[snip]

Have you *really* got giant hogweed? The ordinary one grows 5-6 ft. But
if giant, lucky you! - it's a splendid plant. Pity it causes skin
problems.

Mine is approximately 7 ft if left undisturbed. And yes, the reason why

we
have to eradicate it is because neither my wife nor I can get near it
without skin problems. (Plus the fact that it chose to make its home

bang
in the middle of a little group of potentillas).

DEFRA recommend glyphosate

I did. I thought I had killed it, but it came up again. I fed it some more
glyphosate. There is no sign yet of a repeat performance, but I guess I
have to wait until the spring to see who won.

[snip]

Franz