Old 23-10-2003, 01:12 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default Mushrooms!

"Jaques d'Altrades" wrote in message
The message
from "David W.E. Roberts" contains these words:

The challenge - to find someone in Suffolk who can identify it face to

face.

Well, I'm in South Norfolk and could do so. Unfortunately I have to
reassemble bits of car into one lump, then get it tested and taxed. But
if you want to bring some to Bunwell, let me know.

We have enough for a few mushroom feasts or a very elaborate funeral.

I'd bet a pound to a penny against the funeral.

If they are edible, how do we keep them cropping? The database says

'rich
soil' which doesn't really describe our back lawn. Fed it for the first

time
for a while this year - could this have started something?

Seems like it. Just keep it moist.

Moist? MOIST??? Garden has been dry since about June! Still, rained last
night :-)

Thanks for the offer of an identification - hell bent on DIY at the moment
but will bear you in mind :-)