Old 23-10-2003, 02:33 PM
animaux

Default Should I fertilize St Aug grass now?

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 04:13:35 GMT, "marty lester"
opined:

well here's a follow up queston:

i spread corn gluten meal a few weeks ago. i think
i read somewhere that putting on the ladybug 8-2-4 in
addition to the cgm might be over-doing it...possibly
too much nitrogen?

i've got a bag of 8-2-4 waiting to see if i should
deploy.

thanks,
marty.

Corn gluten meal has a 10% nitrogen content. So, what you may want to do is add
some Texas greensand for potassium, but do not overdo that. You don't need
much. In this incidence I would tell you not to use the additional fertilizer,
but save it for April when the next application rate is done. In the meantime,
you can use a hose end sprayer and put some seaweed on the turf to add in the
trace elements, amino acids and minerals which are not found in the corn gluten.

OR, you can do nothing. Turf is such an incredible waste of time!

Victoria