Old 23-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Karen

Default Cut the buds off rose of sharon now in Zone 5?

The rose of sharon in my garden had a beatiful display of flowers in
the late summer. Now there are hundreds of new buds forming in our
cold zone 5!!! I doubt it can come to flower in time before the
weather turns nasty. Should I pinch off the bud to save its energy to
prepair for winter? Or it doesn't hurt to leave them alone in case
they can bloom?

They are 4 years old, 6' tall and very healthy. Thy are located near
the house in a protected spot from wind. The weather is 5C high and 0C
low (40F and 32F)

Thanks.