Old 23-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Favour for Fran

The message
from Ute Bohnsack contains these words:

Hi guys,
I'm still here, too, ...well, on and off.
Nice to read what you are all up to. Janet, why did you move? You had
such a nice place from the sound of it...?

Combination of things in the last year or two... creeping development
nearby, reduced rural services, annual rainfall still rising. The final
straw was in Spring of 2002 when the new Loch Lomond National Park
opened a disneyfied abomination called the "Lomond Experience", a
trippertrap honeypot and designer shopping mall (parking for 8,000 cars)
on the loch edge.The plan is to keep the rapidly rising numbers of day
trippers corralled in one place to protect the natural environment which
has been under severe pressure.The centre aims to suck in an *extra*
million and a half day trippers per year to the area we lived in.

The bad news is that our old place is on the main scenic, tourist
route to the LE centre :-(. The summer it opened, the huge increase in
traffic, noise, fumes etc made being outside in the garden intolerable;
endless accidents, 5 fatalities within a mile of our gate, no peace and
a lot less privacy. Yuk. So we got out :-)

Janet.