Old 23-10-2003, 08:12 PM
animaux

Default Nasturtium??? Common name?

I have rarely, if ever seen nasturtium being sold at the box stores.
Occasionally I see the 'Alaska' variety being sold in hanging baskets. It is an
edible flower and seed pod, when green. It is a hot, peppery flavor.

That's why they didn't know. You also probably didn't ask the nursery person,
but a person who is there to water.

Victoria

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:05:41 GMT, Sam opined:

While I was down at HomeDepot, I asked several pelple from the garden
department for "nasturtium." They looked at me as if I was from Mars!
One of them actually pointed me to the vegetable section!!! I was
wondering if it goes by some "common" name that the HD people would
recognize!

PS if anyone has a pic (or link with pic) handy, it would go a long
way! Because then, I can just show them the pick and say: this is what
I'm looking for! ;-)

Thanks!
Sam