Old 23-10-2003, 08:12 PM
gregpresley

Default Nasturtium??? Common name?

Sam, if you were asking for nasturtiums now, (late October), they might have
been looking at you strangely because no store in North America would be
selling nasturtium plants at this time of year. They are summer annuals -
best planted by seed, but occasionally sold as seedlings in flats, available
in late April - May.
I would recommend looking for seeds anyway - the plants are easy to
grow from the big seeds, and of course it's MUCH cheaper than buying flats.
"Sam" wrote in message
While I was down at HomeDepot, I asked several pelple from the garden
department for "nasturtium." They looked at me as if I was from Mars!
One of them actually pointed me to the vegetable section!!! I was
wondering if it goes by some "common" name that the HD people would
recognize!

PS if anyone has a pic (or link with pic) handy, it would go a long
way! Because then, I can just show them the pick and say: this is what
I'm looking for! ;-)

Thanks!
Sam