Old 23-10-2003, 08:12 PM
ned

Default leylandii hedges for 'the chop'

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , ned
writes

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Kay Easton
writes

Not all hedges constitute a fence (or offence)

and it still refers to evergreen or partly evergreen.

Thank goodness!

Because 8 foot is not too high a hedge when your garden is 200 foot

long

Not sure I follow that reasoning. If a neighbour considers 8ft a
nuisance then, to him/her, it is a nuisance - no matter how long it
is, or how practical you think it is.

............. Hawthorn would look terrible cut very low,

Oh, I do agree. We have a local hawthorn 'hedge' cut to 2ft high which
performs no useful function other than to delineate a field boundary.
It does look terrible and it gets shorn every year.

I resent the implication that I am a nuisance neighbour!

Heaven forbid that you should draw that implication. Only your
neighbour can decide whether your actions constitute a nuisance. I
have an 8ft hedge which my neighbour and I mutually and amicably care
for.

--
ned