Old 23-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Tumbleweed

Default Winter pond

"Eshymouse" wrote in message
Hello

I wonder if someone can help me. We have a small pond in the garden that

did
have 4 lovely goldfish in it. Over the summer they disappeared, not sure

what
happened, and we assumed there was nothing in there. However, in September

we
noticed 2 little beautiful black baby fish swimming merrily around.

They're
only about 2 inches long. My question is what do we do over the winter? Do

fish
need feeding in the winter or do we leave them?

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

Emma

Leave 'em. Fish stop feeding when the temp drops below about 50 deg F. ANy
food you put in then will just rot. Besides which, if there are only a few
fish, there will be enough natural food for them to get by on anyway, even
in the summer, though its always nice to feed them and see them come up.
Next spring/summer they may change colour to that of their parents.

--
Tumbleweed

newsgroups)