Old 24-10-2003, 12:17 PM
danread danread is offline
Registered User

Default Vine weevils and garden chafer larvae

hello,

my name is Daniel Read and I am doing a PhD at Cardiff Universtiy. The topic i am investigating is the sustainable use of nematode biopesticides within soil ecosystems. For this i need to obtain a relatively large number of vine weevil larvae (Otiorhynchus sulcatus) and Garden chafer larvae (phyllopertha horticola). Does anyone have any suggestions as to where abouts i may begin collecting these from? i dont have access to my own garden, so it makes collecting problematic. If anyone has infestations of these organisms, i would be very grateful if they could send me any they may have. I will recompensate postage and packing. My address is:

Daniel Read
Cardiff School of Biosciences
Main Building
Museum Avenue