Old 24-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Wendy

Default Gutter Guard for Mounts?

Thanks for letting me know Molli, now I have to find out when it will be on
again?
Cheers Wendy
"molli" wrote in message
Wendy, the college holds a sale of the Raymond Burr orchids twice a year.
Just last weekend in fact. A friend of mine picked me up two. I now own
four of his orchids. Huge plants with massive root systems!

--

Hugs,
Molli

"Wendy" wrote in message
Hmmm.....? I have the same problem up in Santa Barbara, always go the

wrong
way.
- Raymond Burr Collection, I once had a chance to get some

seedlings
of his blues but
I had just started & was leery about buying babies. I could kick myself

now.
Cheers Wendy
"profpam" wrote in message

Wendy,

I guess I had UCR in mind when I asked for directions. Somehow I used
to get lost in the loop. Also, Cal-Poly Pomona got us lost when we

were
looking for the Raymond Burr Collection. It used to be that one could
visit the greenhouses; however, they are now off-limits to the public.

. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

Wendy wrote:

Hi there Pam, UC Irvine is about a mile south east of John Wayne

Airport.
This show is really small & on the opposite end of the totem pole if
comparing to the Otani show in LA.
The vendors cater mainly to the beginners but the reason I like it

is
because it's just up
the freeway from me.
Cheers Wendy
"profpam" wrote in message

Larry,

For some reason the link did not come across. Could you more or

less
describe the proximity of the orchid show?

. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html
--------------------
Larry Dighera wrote:

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:29:39 -0400, "Ray"
wrote in Message-Id:
:

I have made "hydrologs" by surrounding florist foam with

sphagnum,
followed
by coconut husk fiber, followed by the grid, so I don't see why

it
wouldn't
work for a totem. I still think that a treefern totem would

look
better.

I've seen vanilla growing in a relatively small 8" pot at the

base
of
a 4" diameter vertical pole (supporting the ridge of a

greenhouse)
climb the pole and along the roof structure for many tens of

feet.
No
"hydrolog" seems to be necessary for vary large vanilla

specimens;
apparently any support will do fine.

If you're interested in seeing this vanilla plant, Wendy, you

might
consider attending the November 4 & 5 Fall Orchid Festival (10

a.m. -
3 p.m. Admission $2.00) held at the UCI Arboretum. There are

usually
many orchid vendors outdoors offering a diversity of lovely

specimens.
The Arboretum is located approximately one mile south of the 405
freeway, very close to the corner of Jamboree Road and Campus

Drive.

Map: http://tinylink.com/?Vmha54ZlE6 or

http://shorterlink.com/?4HEP90