Old 24-10-2003, 05:42 PM
Steve Harris

Default Toms & Straws in baskets

In article , . (Sad
Sid) wrote:

Most of the seed catalogues include a variety of Tumbling Tom under
various names. Yes, it is the same as "Tumbler" as supplied by

Marshalls.

How confusing! Is there a "Vegetable varieties equivalence chart"
somewhere? I wouldn't like to buy (say) "Tumbling Thomas" and find it
had none of the flavour reported for "Tumbling Tom"

It sprawls, with masses of fruit cascading down around the basket

Oh Manure! I don't do hanging baskets - watering every day just isn't on
for me. Do you think the plant would still work if I tied it up a pole
or trellis?

If the flavour is really so much better than my fantastic GD, I really
want to try one before I die :-)