Old 25-10-2003, 01:22 AM
Victor Martinez

Default Where to find White Canadian Peat Moss

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 23:38:46 GMT

I noticed you have a large piece of driftwood in there. I have driftwood which
I collected from Lake Lewisville when we lived up there in Dallas. Can I use
that in the tank? If so, does it need to be cleaned in any particular way or is
that wood not real in your tank? I need something to build height at the back
of the tank.

Wood makes a wonderful addition to a tank, plus it helps soften and
acidify our hard and alkaline water. You might want to boil the wood for
a few hours and then let it soak, weighted down until it no longer floats.

I'll look into it. One of our lemon tetras didn't make it, yesterday. I wonder
why. I get so upset. Some people think I'm crazy, they say "it's only a fish"
but to me it's a life. Life is life. I fuss over my plants too!

So do I. However, fish do die a bit often, sometimes it's my fault,
sometimes it's their fault (suicide by jumping). I love aquaria because
it gives me a chance to develop a tiny ecosystem that I try to make as
balanced as possible.

Thanks for all the indulgence in this subject. I mean, this is not exactly a
fast paced group! A little OT never hurt anyone, and we are talking about
plants.

Indeed. Plus folks can easily kill a thread they're not interested in.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Email me he