Old 25-10-2003, 04:33 PM
martin

Default Getting rid of ground elder

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:07:56 +0100, Malcolm Ogilvie
wrote:

In article , Jaques d'Altrades
writes
The message
from Malcolm Ogilvie contains these words:

Thus if you take the Act and the Commentary together, they state that
the offence is "to plant or otherwise cause to grow *in the wild* any
plant on Schedule 9, part 2". It is *not* an offence to have those
plants in your garden. You must, though, prevent them escaping into the
wild, something which does not apply to any other non-native plant
though it does apply to all non-native animals.

So, having eaten raw tomatoes you have to be careful where you get taken
short?

No, because tomatoes are not listed on Schedule 9, part 2.

but careful not to receive a blistering attack, when using giant hog
weed for cover.

When I were a lad I used to birdwatch on an old-fashioned sewage farm,
one where the sludge was spread on fields to fertilise crops. Tomatoes
used to sprout in some abundance around the sludge tanks, making a
welcome addition to my lunch sandwiches :-)

We had to make do with Hovis and dripping sandwiches, wrapped in Page
3 to keep them warm.
--
Martin