Old 25-10-2003, 07:00 PM
ken saunders ken saunders is offline
Registered User

Location: england
Default Soil sterilisers

Quote:
Originally posted by Guy Gorton
I am not new to Usenet, but entirely new to this ng.

I need ideas on where to find a soil steriliser. The Two Wests and
Elliott catalogue includes two, and there is a quite different one on
CMS Gardens website. I would like to see more choice and understand a
bit better how they work.
As we have upwards of 50 containers from large (2 compost bags to make
an impression!) to fairly small, we have a lot of spent compost at
this time of year, quite a lot of it infested with vine weevil. I
hate wasting it, but cannot put it on the garden in its infected
state.
I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Guy Gorton

.........never used it Guy, but my Dad used to fill a small barrell(with small holes in bottom) and light a smokey fire below. Wouldn't any soil sterilizer kill beneficial insects and bacteria too.