Old 26-10-2003, 03:02 PM
P.Jay

Default golden privet(newbie)

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"P.Jay" wrote in message
Please bear with me as I know zilch about gardening(but wish to learn)

and
have just discovered this N.G.
I have what I think is called a Golden privet hedge and two of
them(beside each other) have have had all the leafs die and fall off.I
initially thought it was a problem caused by dogs as there are about 5
knocking about but now that the second plant is affected I am more
concerned. The hedge has being growing for 25years and is about 5ft.

tall.
Not much to go on I know but any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
--

You don't say where you are, but around here there are a lot of plants

that
have and still are suffering from no rainwater to speak of for months. In
this area it has to be the driest spring/summer/autumn on record. If you

are in a dry area try watering them and after you have done that a
few times then try a weak dose of fertilizer.

--
Regards
Bob

Hi Bob
I am in Dublin and the very dry spell applies here also.
Thanks for your suggestions,thank you all for your help although
now as well as learning gardening I also have to learn how to post to N.Gs..
As
if life wasn't complicated enough.
P.Jay
( Take the dog out to find me)