Old 26-10-2003, 03:03 PM
Rhiannon S

Default Rhubarb?

Subject: Rhubarb?
From: "Alan Holmes"
Date: 26/10/2003 13:47 GMT Standard Time

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

I've dug out some rhubarb which was not in a very convenient

position, cut
the roots in half, put them in the freezer for a couple of days, now

have a
better position to replant them.

Why did you put them in the freezer ?

Many years ago an aged experienced gardener said that you should
dig up rhubarb each year and let the frost get at it, this apparently helps
to make it produce more the following year, as decent frosts are
becoming rare,

Speaking as someone who, on Tuesday morning, had ice on the INSIDE of her
bedroom window, I wish to disagree. But it would be nice if they were.
--
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/