Old 26-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Fox's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhh

Jason Pope wrote in
:

Jaques d'Altrades wrote:
The message
from Jason Pope contains these words:

Erm, you could be opening yourself up to legal problems!
If someone was to come on your property and get shocked you could be
sued!

? Sued for what? If someone were silly enough to be shocked and sue,
they might win ten pence in damages and run up hundreds of pounds
costs.

Well you can get imprisoned for beating up burglers so anythings
possible! For the same reason you cannot put nails/glass on top of
walls etc etc!

If electrification was legal, people would be doing it to their cars
to stop them from being broken into.

Also what happens if a guy with a heart condition gets shocked and
dies?

Oh c'mon. The English countryside is littered with electric fences. My
sister has one to keep her horses from eating a whole field at a time,
and I see them keeping cows in order quite often. It's a widely used
form of stock control.

I don't know if it is possible that such a mild shock would kill a
person with a pacemaker, but I've never heard of it happening - have
you?

Electric fence wire is usually bright orange with silvery bits, and held
up by those special twirly supports: it's recognisable enough that even
cows and horses learn what it looks like and avoid it after a time or 2.

You'd need to have it lower as an anti-fox measure, but then it's in
your *garden*: presumably both private and enclosed. How many burgling
pacemaker-owners can there be?

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill