Old 26-10-2003, 04:32 PM
K Barrett

Default catt bowringiana rest?

All mine are in bloom right now. And its hybrids. I am in N California, USA.
I make no claim for whether this is typical behaviour for the species. I
didn't know it needed a rest either. But many people will decrease water in
the cooler winter months anyway, so that could be considered a 'rest'. Do
not cut off the old pseudobulb. It makes and stores food for the emerging
new growth. Dr Wang did a study and even leafless old bulbs still transfer
food to the new growth. When making divisions keep 3-4 back bulbs to support
the emerging new growth, too. The old p/bulb will not bloom again.

K Barrett

"keith" wrote in message
is this the time for catt bowringiana to rest, till spring?if so do you

stop
watering & resume when new growth appears or water less often?last Q what
to do with old pseudobulb with no leaves,leave them or cut them back,will
they ever rebloom.
any advise appreciated!!!
thanks keith