Old 26-10-2003, 06:12 PM
Jim W

Default Need suggestions for garden visits

Woodspoiler wrote:

I am not much of a gardener, just the household chauffeur and
Internet person, but please bear with me.

My wife has a college project to study naturalistic garden style.

We realise that "naturalistic" is open to broad interpretation
and a garden may lean towards it by trying to be a wildlife
garden, for example.

For the purpose of the project, she is not looking at historic
landscape gardens in the Capability Brown/Humphrey Repton mould,
but a more recent view of the idea. "No time to stand and stare"
at Chelsea 2003 would be one example of what she's interested in,
though not limited to that particular take on it.

Not familiar with the Bristol area in particular but there was a
'naturalistic' prairie garden featured on TV recently, and german parks
& gardens, as well as still embracing traditional bedding schemes have
been turning towards more 'naturalistic styles' eg large areas of taller
grasses, extensive beds of perrenials a areas of more natural habitat.

Not visitable but worth some research on the web.

//
Jim