Old 26-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Sacha

Default Need suggestions for garden visits

in article , Woodspoiler at
wrote on 26/10/03 12:56
pm:

Jenny, thanks. We had noticed Bodnant on the Net but it's a
killer at 220 miles each way.

Warwickshire is do-able. and that other site looks good. Plenty
of scope for searching/browsing there and I shall dig around
later.

Has anyone been to The Garden House near Dartmoor, and might it
fit the bill? It's a bit of a haul at 130 miles each way but if
it really fits the bill I'll grit my teeth and do it..

W.

Charlie is a nurseryman, my husband is a nurseryman. I don't think you
could do better than The Garden House, as you will see from our respective
posts. From Bristol to us is about 2 hours from e.g. Cribbs Causeway and
we're about another 45 mins on to Buckland Monachorum. Not such a terrible
trek, really. You could week end it and stay in a b&b and visit other
gardens/nurseries, perhaps? Bearing in mind that little looks wonderful at
this time of year, you'll be hard pressed to beat this suggestion.
Here's a link:
http://www.greatbritishgardens.co.uk...rden_house.htm
--
Sacha