Old 26-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Kenni Judd

Default reddening of dendrobe pseudobulbs & foliage

From sunny south Florida -- are you sure you have a problem at all? Around
here, we consider a bit of pigment showing in the foliage to be a "healthy
suntan." I have one client who was keeping her [one live] den with her
phals, and then complaining that they never bloomed ... I moved it out into
brighter light, it started showing some red-purple in the foliage, and
promptly put on an incredible growth spurt.

The most common nutrient deficiency that we see is magnesium, and applying a
bit extra [preferably chelated, but in a pinch Epsom Salts will do] will
help to green up both pale and reddened foliage.

Good growing,

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"Dave Gillingham" wrote in message
Thanks for your response, Ray.
After checking out "Plant Nutrition" on your website, I assume my
problem may be low phosphorus?
If so, will a higher P fertiliser reverse the colouration, or only
improve it for new growth?

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:23:42 -0400, "Ray"
wrote:

I have a brief description of the functions of, and symptoms of mineral
deficiencies posted - check out "Plant Nutrition" under the Free Info

link
at the URL below.

Dave Gillingham

----