Old 26-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Mist propagation

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1g3g6gz.vesamxyagc56N%00senetnospamtodayta@ma cunlimited.net...
Franz Heymann wrote:

Mist propagation was mentioned in another thread quite recently. That
triggered me into asking something I have always wanted to know:

What does mist propagation do which cannot be done by inverting a
transparent container over the cutting?
I have always thought that the purpose of either action is simply to
maintain an atmosphere which is as nearly as possible fully saturated

with
water vapour in order to minimise evaporation from the surfaces of the
leaves.

It's automated, air circulation is better , thus you have a more bouyant
atmostphere (which in turn 'should' reduce fungal risk to some degree).

What does "bouyant atmosphere" mean?
Why should it reduce the risk of fungi? If the fungus spores are there,
they will be there, whether the atmosphere is bouyant or not, whatever
bouyant might mean.

Franz