Old 26-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Tim James

Default planting raspberries - in peat ?

Hi all,

I have prepared a site for some Autumn Bliss raspberries for the first
time this year. I was surprised to see Dr. Hessayon in his "Fruit
Expert" advise a half topsoil / half peat planting mixture. He says
this is to prevent some kind of "shock" when moving into 100% topsoil.

Does anyone have experience of planting Autumn Bliss or any other kind
of raspberry, for that matter ? I wonder if the peat is essential ? I
don't actually know where I'd get some from if it was, or if there is
now an alternative.

I'd really appreciate some advice on this subject, and where better to
turn than this group of experts ?

Thanks in advance

Tim