Old 27-10-2003, 09:02 AM
Franz Heymann

Default Mist propagation

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

[snip]

The best way of rooting things is indeed 100% humidity but cuttings also
respond to cool tops and warm bottoms, with a sealed container it is very
difficult to achieve, although some gardeners I know achieve good results
with a dew point cabinet, however the main advantage of mist is the almost
complete absence of fungal problems such as botrytus

I find this idea very interesting, if I understand it correctly. Is the
idea to keep the air above the cutting at the dew point by having a wet
cloth wrapped round the cover, so that the ecvaporation from the cloth
lowers the air inside the box to somewhere near the dewpoint?

Franz