Old 27-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Woodspoiler

Default Need suggestions for garden visits

Pam, thanks for that. Hadspen looks as though it would have been
a good one but it shut on Sept 30th unfortunately. The Web site
lists a promising book title though, so that's useful, and I
found a pictorial guided tour & some insight into the design
principles at http://www.hadspengarden.freeserve.co.uk/.We'll
move Margery Fish to the Plan B list then.

W.

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 21:04:55 +0000 (UTC), "Woodspoiler"
wrote:

Any opinions on the possible suitability of the Margery Fish
garden at East Lambrook Manor between Yeovil and Crewekerne?

Last time I went to East Lambrook manor it was a bit of a mess

but I
understand it has had new owners. I considered it a bit

over-rated.

The other one you ought to visit is Hadspen down Shaftesbury

way.
Nothing will be at its best now, but maybe that could be part

of the
study; which gardens have the best out-of-season interest.

Pam in Bristol