Old 27-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Lee B.

Default Air stone use?

AES sells oversized "O" rings that can be placed around an airstone that
will keep it off the bottom. My airstone "manifold" is mounted on a hard
plastic plate to keep the stones away from the liner. Personally, I've never
heard of a stone vibrating a hole in a liner, but I suppose it IS a
possibility. Then again, because of lawsuits over very frivalous things, I
think people are thinking of everything that can possisbly go wrong and
trying to find ways to circumvent them.

Lee

"Nedra" wrote in message
ink.net...
Jan, This is the second post where you've stated air stones
vibrating a hole in the liner! What is going on here?
I have been using air stones for 9 years. No holes in the liner.
I've never heard of such a thing .... :O)

Nedra

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
And Air pump, yes. A cheaply made air stone can be had using drip system
parts. Tubing, connectors and leaky tubing are similar in size to

aquarium
hoses, and even better suited to being outside. Also the leaking tubing

is
rubber and won't vibrate a hole into your liner like an air stone could.
Thus, if using an airstone, keep it away from the sides or bottom of a
liner pond. ~ jan

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 00:17:36 -0700, Fred wrote:

My little 400gal pond has done wonderfully all summer long - crystal

clear
water (after the spring bloom), lilies going crazy, fish thriving,

including
a host of new babies. However, I was thinning the hyacinth this week

and
in
removing several plants noticed a subtle yet distinct odor that

suggests
anaerobic activity. My little pump just causes a trickle of a

waterfall,
so
I don't think I'm getting the oxygenation that I should have. So,

here's
my
question:

I'm assuming air stones are the answer, as well as a larger pump. How

and
what kind of air stones are to be used? Am I going to have to invest

in
some kind of air pump as well?

TIA,

Fred