Old 27-10-2003, 08:13 PM
Kay Easton

Default what should i plant

In article , The Hoopeses
writes
Sedum 'Autumn Joy' has worked well for me. It's hardy, provides
year-round interest, if not color per se, and the bees seem to love it.
I actually noticed several different types of bees flocking to it this
past summer. Usually I don't deadhead the flowers until late winter or
early spring, so the plants look like bouquets of dried flowers through
the winter. It can be quite a nice effect if you have large patches of
the sedum with snow on them.

If you can get it, plain Sedum spectabile (rather than the cultivar
Autum Joy) will work better for butterflies.
-
Al

Mac wrote:
i have just finished the garden to the front and have two small terraces. i
am looking for perennial flowering plants or small shrubs to give me colour
thoughout the year. if poss would like some to attract butterflies & bees.
so far have thought of:

hebe, crocus, snowdrop, daffs, tulip, cosmos & tom thumb fuscia

all suggestions welcome. please reply to newsgroups.

thanks in advance.

mac

--
Kay Easton