Old 27-10-2003, 09:02 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Getting ready for winter in NC

"Ron Lawrence" wrote in message
. ..
I spent a couple of hours this afternoon
pulling the brown Hyacinths out of the pond.
It's interesting that the water lettuce is still nice
and green. I moved most of the remaining lettuce
into the veggie filter for now, I know it'll die as soon
as we have a hard freeze.
Next I've got to trim all the tall flowering plants
back below water level. I wonder how long the
Black Taro will live...

snip

I am in a similar boat. I have been slowly removing lettuce and frogbit from
the pond. The water is nice and clear, so I am hesitating removing the WH
just yet. I just shut down my pump this week, so I am thinking I will move
some WH to the main pond, and keep them there until they are dead. I plan to
do my final autumn'ization this weekend.

BV.