Old 28-10-2003, 01:22 AM
Melissa

Default What is this?

jrstark saideth:

Melissa wrote:

I saw a plant growing in a xeriscape area around early September, that
had very pretty white trumpet shaped flowers that were about 6" long!
They were stunning. The plant also had large irregularly shaped leaves.
It was in northwest Denver. I'm not sure if it was a annual or
perennial but it sort of seemed like a perennial. It was a maybe 3'
tall bush.

Does anyone know what it may have been?

Do a search on datura inoxia. It's a perennial that grows easily from
seed so acts as an annual in northern areas.

Flowers open at night and only last a day or so, very heavy frangrance.
Known as moonflower (plant, not vine).

No, these were open in the day and lasted for weeks, and the leaves were
more irregularly shaped. Really odd shaped leaves.

--
Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.

License plate frame - "Guns Defend Life & Liberty"
http://www.cafeshops.com/melissa_photo.7734333

Individual rights are not subject to public vote; a majority has no right
to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is
precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities ( and the
smallest minority on earth is the individual )." - Ayn Rand

West Denver area - Shaolin-based Martial arts, Rock music, Sci-Fi, Chess,
Libertarian, Objectivist, Chess, RKBA & Shooting.