Old 28-10-2003, 08:14 AM
Jason Pope

Default Fox's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhh

Victoria Clare wrote:

Also what happens if a guy with a heart condition gets shocked and
dies?

Oh c'mon. The English countryside is littered with electric fences. My
sister has one to keep her horses from eating a whole field at a time,
and I see them keeping cows in order quite often. It's a widely used
form of stock control.

The countryside yes, but you try putting it in your back garden/front
garden and see how quick the police get on your case!

I don't know if it is possible that such a mild shock would kill a
person with a pacemaker, but I've never heard of it happening - have
you?

I never said pacemaker! Some people are arrythmic and a shock could stop
the heart.

Electric fence wire is usually bright orange with silvery bits, and held
up by those special twirly supports: it's recognisable enough that even
cows and horses learn what it looks like and avoid it after a time or 2.

And if you're colour blind or don't know the ways of the country?

You'd need to have it lower as an anti-fox measure, but then it's in
your *garden*: presumably both private and enclosed. How many burgling
pacemaker-owners can there be?

I never said anything about pacemakers!
It is illegal to fit anything, security wise, in your front/back garden
that could injure another person who is on the property!
Harsh I know, but that is definately the case!

Jason

--
Check out my ebay auctions for Passifora caerulea and edulis seeds and
Morning Glory (Star of Yelta) seeds.