Old 28-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Oxymel of Squill

Default Chemicals in Pond

best get a water butt for replenishing, but you could ask the water supplier
to confirm that their water treatment kills fish and then pass it on to the
local press. Won't achieve anything but you might have some fun at their
expense
:-)

Jon

"jacksf" wrote in message
.com...
I just found out that our local water department is going to begin using
Chloramine rather than Chlorine beginning Feb 2004. I have just built a
small pond, mostly for plants but wanted to put a few very small fish
(Guppies?). I understand that Chloramine will harm fish but I don't
find any information about plants.

Anyone had any experience with this?

TIA from a new visitor.

Jack