Old 28-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Bob H

Default Getting ready for winter in NC

Hey BV, it is my (also newbie) understanding that if you leave frogbit in
the pond it will sink to the bottom, overwinter and re emerge in spring....I
may be wrong but I am trying it this year unless anyone with more experience
tells us otherwise.

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message

"Ron Lawrence" wrote in message
. ..
I spent a couple of hours this afternoon
pulling the brown Hyacinths out of the pond.
It's interesting that the water lettuce is still nice
and green. I moved most of the remaining lettuce
into the veggie filter for now, I know it'll die as soon
as we have a hard freeze.
Next I've got to trim all the tall flowering plants
back below water level. I wonder how long the
Black Taro will live...

snip

I am in a similar boat. I have been slowly removing lettuce and frogbit

from
the pond. The water is nice and clear, so I am hesitating removing the WH
just yet. I just shut down my pump this week, so I am thinking I will move
some WH to the main pond, and keep them there until they are dead. I plan

do my final autumn'ization this weekend.

BV.