Old 28-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Jason Pope

Default Fox's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhh

Jaques d'Altrades wrote:
The message
from Jason Pope contains these words:

The legal risks of, say, owning a car which you might accidentally drive
into someone, or a dog, which might bite someone, strike me as much
greater than those of installing a humble electric fence in your garden.

Victoria

That might be the case, but it doesn't negate that having an electric
fence in your garden is illegal!

Try it and see!

It is not illegal to have an electric fence in your garden. I had one in
my *FRONT* garden for fifteen years, and as a holder of firearms
(handguns and rifles as well as a range of shotguns) was visited by the
dibble on a regular basis.

(There was probably more danger from the pong of the billy goat than the
electricity.)

A shock from an electric fence is highly unlikely to kill anyone,
however dicky a ticker he/she has. My doctor when asked, said the risk
could be ignored, and it wasn't the risk of shocking trespassers I was
worried about, it was the health of my customers.

Was it fitted as a security device?

Jason

--
Check out my ebay auctions for Passifora caerulea and edulis seeds and
Morning Glory (Star of Yelta) seeds.